40 best things to do in Iran
Iran tourism is one of the most enjoyable things you can do. Touring in a beautiful land full of spectacular attractions that will amaze you every moment. Touring Iran means looking for the sights of Iran and discovering the most attractive tourist places in Iran that you have only seen in photos before.
Iran is a beautiful and ancient country, which once had the largest empire in the world and is located in the southwest of Asia and the Middle East. Iran is bordered by the Republic of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Turkmenistan and the Caspian Sea from the north, Afghanistan and Pakistan from the east, Turkey and Iraq from the west, and the Persian Gulf and the Oman Sea from the south. The Persian Gulf and the Oman Sea are the most important regions of oil and gas extraction in the world. The 76 million people of this country speak Persian and their official religion is Islam. The most famous religious minorities in this country are Zoroastrians, Armenian Christians and Jews. Various races such as Lor, Kurd, Turk, Gilak, Baluch, etc. are also among the races of this beautiful and ancient land.
If you take a trip to the corners of Iran and spend time exploring this four-seasoned country, you will definitely find attractions that you will be surprised to see. But where to start? And which Iranian cities have more attractions and what must be done in Iran?
40 best things to do in Iran
- Visit Naqsh Jahan Square in Isfahan
- Travel to Isfahan and enjoy traditional Iranian architecture.
- Enjoy the beauty of the adobe houses of Yazd and its unique peace.
- See the unique nature of northern Iran and try to stay one night in the heights of Masal.
- Go to Sarein spa springs and get rid of the tiredness of the journey.
- Go skiing at the Tochal ski resort and enjoy the fresh air along with exercise.
- Try Iranian Kebab, Abgoosht, and Aash Reshte and learn about buttermilk and curd.
- Be sure to take Gaz and Polaki Isfahan souvenirs for your friends.
- Enjoy buying the best pistachios and saffron in the world in Iranian markets.
- Make sure to visit the carpet market in Tabriz and Kashan and if you want, buy a carpet for yourself.
- Ride a bike around Kish Island and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- If you like seafood, visit Bandar Abbas fish market and buy as much fish and shrimp as you can.
- Be sure to visit Persepolis and Cyrus’ tomb so that history will take you far away.
- At night, an omen of Hafiz with your beloved in Hafiziya Shiraz and enjoy the company of the Sultan of Love.
- Sing under Khajo Bridge in Isfahan and listen to others’ songs.
- Have dinner in the traditional restaurants of your hotel with live Iranian music.
- Visit the underground city of Kish Island and learn the story of water in Iran.
- If you are interested in organic and vegetable-rich foods, don’t forget the traditional foods of Gilan province.
- Visit the spice market of Yazd, Isfahan or Kashan to fill your nose with the smell of spices and herbs.
- If you are interested in nature tourism, visit Badab Surat in the north of Iran and Gelfeshan in Taftan mountain in the east of Iran.
- If you are interested in jewelry, visit the Iran National Jewelry Museum in Tehran.
- If you are interested in art, see traditional Iranian calligraphy and definitely buy a manuscript for yourself.
- If you are a fan of antiques and traditional accessories, visit Parvaneh Bazaar in Tehran on Fridays
- Visit Vank Church and Jolfa Christian neighborhood in Isfahan and enjoy the architectural beauty of this area.
- Visit Golestan Palace Museum in Tehran
- In Isfahan, visit the copper market and take as many photos as you can. You can also buy some decorated copper dishes for yourself.
- Go to Nasir al-Mulk Mosque early in the morning and take your most beautiful color photos there.
- Visit Yazd Zoroastrian fire temple and see a fire that has been burning for 1500 years.
- Visit Ganj Ali Khan Bathhouse in Kerman or Vakil Bathhouse in Shiraz and learn about the history of bathing and cleaning in Iran.
- Visit the Bam citadel in Kerman, the largest adobe building in the world
- Go to the Mesr desert around Isfahan and experience a day in its sandy deserts.
- In Lahijan, take the cable car to the heights of this city and spend a few hours in the silence of nature next to the tea gardens.
- Travel to Hormuz Island and take pictures with the thousand-colored soil of this island
- Travel to Kish Island and enjoy scuba diving in the waters of the Persian Gulf and learn about Iran’s marine wildlife.
- Go to Laleh Jin in Hamadan province and get to know the thousands-of-years-old profession of pottery in Iran.