Iran Visa Conditions for The 2022 Qatar World Cup
Qatar World Cup is going to bring a lot of excitement to the middle east, and the great number of travelers in this one-month period will make Qatar’s neighboring countries also want to catch this opportunity. Iran, due to its proximity to Qatar and having tourism potentials such as Kish Island, would be looking to attract as many passengers as possible as well. In this regard, Iranian government spokesman, Mr. Ali Bahadori Jahromi, has tweeted that Iran visa will be free for Qatar World Cup visitors.
Ali Bahadori Jahromi’s tweet on April13,2022 about free Iran visa for the World Cup:
“Another agreement of the President’s trip to Qatar is implemented. With today’s enactment (April13,2022), the issuance of visas for applicants to travel to Iran during the 2022 Qatar World Cup event will be free. This resolution can play an effective role in attracting and encouraging the travel of World Cup tourists to Iran and the promotion of tourism industry in the country.”
Free Iran Visa Conditions for World Cup Visitors
According to Islamic Republic of Iran News Agency (IRNA), citizens of countries whose soccer teams will participate in the 2022 Qatar World Cup can apply for single-entry, double-entry, and multi-entry visas and stay for 20 days after each entry as a result of this proposed plan’s approval.
Who Can Get a Free Iran Visa?
The Iranian government has set various terms for obtaining a free visa. The following people can apply for a free visa:
- Citizens of all countries whose football teams are participating in the 2022 Qatar World Cup.
(Except for USA, UK and Canada citizen, which have different visa conditions.)
- Citizens of all countries with a letter from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of their country, stating that the visa applicant will participate in this event
- Citizens of all countries, having an official note from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their country or political and consular representatives of Iran, stating that the visa applicant will participate in the 2022 Qatar World Cup.
- Citizens of all countries who want to participate in the World Cup in transit
Who Cannot Get a Free Iran Visa?
- Israel citizens cannot get Iran visa in any way
- Citizens of USA, UK and Canada are not able to obtain a free Iran visa due to the different process and further required investigations.
- All people who somehow do not meet the general conditions for obtaining Iranian visas (for instance, people who have propagated against the Iranian government in the past)
Why Is It Better to Apply For a Visa Through a Travel Agency?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran has a detailed review of visa applications and has considered special conditions for sending documents, failure to pay attention to any of them will result in the possibility of rejection. Also, when you apply for visa through a travel agency, that agency will be your sponsor in Iran, and the rejection rate will be less than 1%. Keep in mind that due to the high volume of visa applications in this period, it is expected that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will increase its strictness and reject the application if any of the items in the application form were entered incorrectly. Another thing you should consider is the duration of the visa approval process; as experienced, applications done by a travel agency are typically approved within 3 business days, while personal applications take 7 business days.
Documents Required to Obtain a Free Iran Visa
- Passport scan with minim 6 months validity
- Personal photo scan with white background
- The letter scan for applicants from countries whose teams are not participating in the World Cup