According to the announcement of Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Iran’s tourist visa has been resumed from October 2021, after about 2 years of suspension, and now it is possible to apply for type B tourist visa. Visa can be obtained both by the travelers themselves and through travel agencies. In this article, we have explained the conditions for obtaining a tourist visa in Iran, the costs, methods and procedures.
According to the new guidelines issued by the National Corona Headquarters, applicants for Iran visa must meet the following requirements:
- Holding a negative PCR corona test at most 96 hours before travel (for people over 12 years old)
- Holding a vaccination card for at least 2 doses (the vaccine received should be among ones approved by Iranian Ministry of Health)
- The applicant is not from high-risk countries or his next destination is not high-risk countries.
Documents required to get Iran tourist visa:
- Image of the first page of the passport
- A 3×4 photo with a white background (preferably a recent one)
- Image of your residence card (in case the applicant’s passport and place of residence are different, i.e. an applicant wants to apply for a visa from Paris with an Afghan passport)
- Filling in the application form on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the personal information form prepared by the travel agency
- Travel insurance
- Itinerary, tour leader card, hotel watcher and plane ticket (only for Canadian, American and British citizens)
Types of Iranian tourist visas:
Tourist visa gained by a travel agency:
Agencies licensed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can apply for Iranian visa applicants in the special panel of travel agencies on MFA website. In this method, because the documents are prepared and reviewed by the agency and the travel agency is introduced as the applicant’s sponsor and host, the possibility of the application being rejected is minimized.
In this type, the agency receives the documents from the visa applicant and after reviewing and solving possible problems, registers the visa application in the panel and finally obtains a tracking code. According to experience, requests registered by the agency are answered faster than personal requests.
In this type of Iran tourist visa, the agency receives a fee for visa advice and hosting for the applicant.
Keep in mind, the agencies are only visa agents and the main authority for issuing Iranian visas is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Tourist visa through the MFA website:
In this way, the applicant can personally apply for a visa through the MFA website. The applicant can register his visa application in the system of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by entering the website evisa.mfa.ir. After registering the application, the applicant must wait for his application to be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and after the application is accepted and received an email from the Iranian visa system of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Iranian embassy or consulate in the country he chose at the time of filing the application. After paying the visa issuance fee, you’ll get the final approval of the visa.
Keep in mind that if there is any problem in the submitted documents or registered information, there is a possibility that the application will be rejected.
Iran visa on arrival (VOA) visa:
A “visa on arrival” is a type of visa that is issued for travelers when the applicant enters the destination country at one of the land, air or sea borders. This method has a lower cost than the “in-advance visa”, but because Iran is highly sensitive in issuing visas, travelers often do not risk getting a visa upon arrival because if their visa If rejected, the cost of flight and hotel will be at their expense.
To get a VOA visa, the applicant must go to the Visa Issuance counter after getting off the plane and after waiting in line and registering the application and paying the fee in cash, wait for a few hours for the visa be issued.